A day of ups and downs at The Farm.
- In the orchard two of the new apples trees, Tom Putt and Farmer’s Glory, have unexpected blossom.
- A pretty adolescent cat lurked about the site, tortoiseshell and rather timid.
- The quince tree beautifully floriferous.
- Plug plants arrived, including Pelargonium ‘Orange Fizz’ and Lophos ‘Wine Red’.
- I found an ancient animal skull, bleached white.
- Misty the lamb lolled unashamedly in the sunshine.
- Planting out and potting on.
- An end-of-play ice lolly.
- Close examination of the understated, deepest maroon, flowers of a variegated pittosporum, sweetly scented. Some of these blooms have already been visited by pollinators, their berries swelling at the base.
- Peter Cottontail
- The White One
If only they didn’t look so adorable, that is a weapon I cannot fight against.