As my own boss (and might I say at this juncture that I have found myself to be exemplary in this role) I have given myself the whole month of January off. Now before you all start tutting and back-chatting let me explain my reasoning. I can, so I am going to. It really is a simple as that. Of course I have many noble pursuits planned for this extended holiday. Actually I think I might call it a sabbatical, sounds much more refined and a bit clever. So during my much deserved and extremely worthy sabbatical I will be:
- Sharpening and oiling all my tools.
- Getting all administration up to date.
- Cataloguing photographs.
- Sorting out the bottomless pit of my work bag.
- Work in my own garden.
- Sorting out the black hole of my handbag.
- Clearing my wardrobe of superfluous (read “too tight”) items and taking then to the charity shop.
- Ditto with books (except the “too tight” bit).
- Dubbing working boots and secateur holster.
- Dry out.
- Catching up with friends that have been neglected.
- Thinking about doing any of the above.
And when these things are complete I shall write my novel. Don’t worry (or perhaps do) I will still be blogging. So a Happy New Year to everyone. I wish you all much courage, kindness and love. Here is some heather, I hope it proves lucky for you x